Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

JDBC connectivity

ABDUL HAYEEABDUL HAYEE Posts: 81Member
Hello !
While working on JDBC in Java ( I am using version 1.5.0 ) , I had written three exercises , namely , JdbcEx.java , JdbcDmlEx.java and JdbcDmlEx2.java. These files involved simple operation on a data file " Persons " written in MS Access . All of them worked fine and gave derised output till yeaterday.

This morning , when I opened the last file , it compiled successfully . But while executing , threw the following Exception.

[code]

java.sql.SQLException: [ Microsoft ] [ ODBC Microsoft Access Driver ]
'( unknown )' is not a valid path . Make sure that the path name is
spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which
the file resides.

[/code]

Then I tried the other two files , the same result.
I am using " sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver " ,
and the String url = " jdbc:odbc:personDSN "

I tried to rebuild the DNS system set with Microsoft Acccess Driver , but the result is just the same.

I also tried ( and have installed ) LoadJdbcOdbcDriver.jave . the file was compiled successfully and no exception was thrown.
I fail to understand , why Driver , and the path are not being recognised by the system. Now I cannot run any JDBC related file in the system.

Please help me in getting out of this problem , and getting the system restored.

Thankong you.
Abdul Hayee .