midlet socket - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

midlet socket

reggiemillerreggiemiller Posts: 23Member
Hello, i have a problem.

I have an application that send messages from a MIDLET to a PC. The PC creates a socket and waits for connection. In the MIDLET i open a connection and i send messages. Is there a way to make the reverse action? I mean to send messages to the MIDLET from the PC ? (something like creating a socket in the midlet)

Thanks, have a nice day.

Comments

• ABDUL HAYEEABDUL HAYEE Posts: 81Member
    : Hello, i have a problem.
    :
    : I have an application that send messages from a MIDLET to a PC. The
    : PC creates a socket and waits for connection. In the MIDLET i open a
    : connection and i send messages. Is there a way to make the reverse
    : action? I mean to send messages to the MIDLET from the PC ?
    : (something like creating a socket in the midlet)
    :
    : Thanks, have a nice day.

Hello ,
    I am from Virtual University , Pakistan . I am also stuck with similar file transfer problem . In my code , I have used " localhost" as the server . Now I am trying to send a text file from my computer IP 192.168.1.33 to another computer next door ( on the same LAN ) IP 192.168.1.34 . Same is not getting through , presumably the coding problem. However , simple strings like "Hello Abdul ... " , do pass on and are echoed back.

Please tell me how you over came your problem ? Please send the code snippet to send a text file like " stars.txt " , then recieving the confirmation of transfer. Same may be displayed on message box , or any other form.

Please help me as I am badly stuck , despite of trying several different codes. Thanking you with sincere wishes,

Abdul hayee ,
    [email protected]
    [email protected] .