Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to automate net searching

waycool_dewaycool_de Posts: 2Member
how to automate the task of searching a particular text string on internet and saving the text before and after untill a space-break is encountered and saving this info in a database.tell me which platform will best suit my need i.e.java or .net,database i.e.Access,or simple asp or HTML.I could use theories,materials or if u could send a code i will be really thankful.

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    What are you trying to get at?

Are you saying you want to make a bot that you can punch a web page into and have it skim the source of the page for certain keywords?

I use and ASP.Net bot I wrote to skim pages in this manner, but I wasn't sure what you meant.

If you describe your intentions we could better help you get a solution.