Surface area of a paraboloid - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Surface area of a paraboloid

saurabh.samasaurabh.sama Posts: 1Member
guys,
i have to evaluate surface area.. the surface looks like a quadraticsurface on x-y plane . i broke the whole curve in 3 parts and performed curve fitting on it. after this the part of the curve in positive x direction is revolved around the y axis creating a paraboloid type of surface(Note: the axis of fitted parabola is diff from the y axis so the curve will differ in positive x direction from negative x direction)

now this is how i m trying to evaluate the surface area of the surface i generated.

this is d code i was using to findout the surface integral
syms r theta
x=2.515251898 + r*cos(theta) ;
z=2.515251898 + r*sin(theta) ;
y= (x.^2 + z.^2 )*0.0152151093240165
R=[x y z]
Ru = diff(R,r)
Rv = diff(R,theta)
g = cross(Ru,Rv)
ro=0
rf = 30.0499755714919
t= g(1)^2 +g(2)^2 +g(3)^2
S = int(int(sqrt(t), r,ro,rf), theta,0,pi());
pretty(S)
eval(S)

the problem is it is not able to evaluate the surface integral.. it's giving errors
Warning: Explicit integral could not be found.
is their any other way to evaluate the surface area or if there is any problem in coding please help me out