Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Interfacing with internet explorer

sopranomansopranoman Posts: 12Member
Hi There. I was wondering if anyone could help. I was wondering how I would go about interfacing with internet explorer. I am downloading a large file currently and would like to write a program that would be able to monitor the progress of this file and alert me by email when it reaches certain percentages.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    : Hi There. I was wondering if anyone could help. I was wondering how
    : I would go about interfacing with internet explorer. I am
    : downloading a large file currently and would like to write a program
    : that would be able to monitor the progress of this file and alert me
    : by email when it reaches certain percentages.
    :
    : Thanks for your help
    :
    There is a webcontrol built into .Net.

In theory you could write a program to download the file (if you have a direct link) and then monitor the progress that way. I don't have a lot of experience in this field, there may already be software created to do just this. I would suggest looking for a IE .Net SDK (I am sure one exists).

hope this helps,
    firesickle.com