processes and resources - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

processes and resources

Hey every one if we spawn a child process and that child process allocates some memory dynamically from the heap and then we kill that child process without letting it free up the resources what will happen will the resources be freed automatically by the OS. Or they want be freed until the parent is still running??

Comments

• VBNETDudeVBNETDude Posts: 1Member
    : Hey every one if we spawn a child process and that child process
    : allocates some memory dynamically from the heap and then we kill
    : that child process without letting it free up the resources what
    : will happen will the resources be freed automatically by the OS. Or
    : they want be freed until the parent is still running??
    :
    I don't think it would be cleared. Not until the parent is closed anyhow. I don't know.
  • But WhyBut Why Posts: 2Member
    : : Hey every one if we spawn a child process and that child process
    : : allocates some memory dynamically from the heap and then we kill
    : : that child process without letting it free up the resources what
    : : will happen will the resources be freed automatically by the OS. Or
    : : they want be freed until the parent is still running??
    : :
    : I don't think it would be cleared. Not until the parent is closed
    : anyhow. I don't know.
    :

Thanks Bud but guess will have ta try it out i was thinking that some 1 might have already tried it out and can fill me in :)
    Actually due to paucity of time i decided to post here.... lets C may be will do it on this weekend and then will let every 1 know right here :)