Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

XSL and Excel

cdpcdp Posts: 3Member
I have an xml file saved from Excel. The first cell in the first row contains a number that represents the row my column headings will start. I'm trying to get the value from this cell and put it into a variable for later on.

An excert from my original xml file:

Some Bank

The only thing I can guarentee with the original file is this 1st cell will contain the row number the column headings start on. So my question is how do I reference that first cell? I've tried putting the value out in a comment just to see if I can reference it and it does not like it.

-- this value is 8

My output xml looks something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Any/all help is greatly appreciated due this being completely new to me.

Comments