Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

PHP SQL query with DATE_SUB returns no result

robseekrobseek Posts: 4Member
I'm trying to produce a query that deletes all shopping carts that have had no products added to them for a number of days specified by $days. Even if I set $days to zero no results are returned.

Here is the code:

$sql = "SELECT cart_id, date_product_added
FROM shopping_cart
GROUP BY cart_id
HAVING DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL $days DAY)
>= MAX(date_product_added)";
$query = mysql_query($sql);
$result = mysql_num_rows($query);

As I understand it the DATE_SUB method will return the date that is the result of CURDATE() - NUM_OF_DAYS. This means that if $days is equal to zero than the date returned would be the current date.

If the date_product_added was two hours earlier then the current date then the query should yield a result that is not zero. This is because the date returned by DATE_SUB() is greater than or equal to MAX(date_product_added). MAX returns the date with the highest value in the shopping cart.

Why is this query returning 0 results even when I set $days to zero.

Thanks for any help.