Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3D screen refresh injection

Hello all,

im doing some kind of research about how to insert/inject a piece of my own code into a running 3D application...

The ideia is to execute a piece of code, right after a 3D screen refresh completes...

IE:
I have this game running, i start my inject application that will load into memory, find my game address,
and then find the update routine/call, and then inject a piece of code.

I dont know how to locate that call, and how to inject the code ( if that can be done... )

Once i tried using the base Windows draw/write on screen... it works.. but the draw keeps flashing because its not synchronized with the 3d application....

All of this using c++ API..

Sounds strange, any idea would be great!

Thanks!

(sorry my english!)

Comments

• guesstguesst Member Posts: 46
    : Hello all,
    :
    : im doing some kind of research about how to insert/inject a piece of
    : my own code into a running 3D application...
    :
    : The ideia is to execute a piece of code, right after a 3D screen
    : refresh completes...
    :
    : IE:
    : I have this game running, i start my inject application that will
    : load into memory, find my game address,
    : and then find the update routine/call, and then inject a piece of
    : code.
    :
    : I dont know how to locate that call, and how to inject the code ( if
    : that can be done... )
    :
    : Once i tried using the base Windows draw/write on screen... it
    : works.. but the draw keeps flashing because its not synchronized
    : with the 3d application....
    :
    : All of this using c++ API..
    :
    : Sounds strange, any idea would be great!
    :
    : Thanks!
    :
    : (sorry my english!)
    :
    :
    *sniff* *sniff* smells like hacking.

[link=http://cymonsgames.retroremakes.com]Type-ins are back! Check out Cymon's Games.[/link]
  • LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    It does sound hackish, but there is no rule against asking for such. I suppose it might be possible to achieve through hooks, though I don't know exactly how. Getting a bit rusty on Win API programming...
  • myrounmyroun Member Posts: 4
    : I dont know how to locate that call,
    The only way is to search for directx or opengl calls in the target application. It requieres at least basic assembler knowledge and of course knowledge of directx or opengl or whatever the application uses.

: and how to inject the code ( if that can be done... )
    You will have to modify target application's memory (see WriteProcessMemory and VirtualProtectEx documentation). You need to write your code into some free piece of target's memory. There are many ways to call the injected function, basicly you must rewrite some target's instructions with call to your function. This really needs some assembler skills.

Myroun
  • anthrax11anthrax11 Member Posts: 511
    Or you could put a custom DirectX/OpenGL proxy dll into the application's folder. As the program starts up, it loads the 3D library from its working directory instead of the system folder. The proxy dll then passes calls made to it to the real dll in the system folder. Meanwhile you can add your own calls and change those calls already being made. I've done that, worked great.