Maze Solving - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Maze Solving

learnMatlablearnMatlab Posts: 1Member
Hey everyone,

I need to solve a 2D maze in matlab and having a a bit of trouble. The maze has black coloured walls, and a white background. What I have to do is create a program that will solve it in the shortest possible length.

So far I managed to open up a picture of a maze and convert it into a array of just 1's and 0's. Next I need to locate an entrance to the maze. Wondering if anyone could give me a few hints on how I would do this in matlab. I know I have to search through the array, but I not sure how to go about this. Any help is apprecipated

A picture of a maze that I would be solving is below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cg_pp_maze.png