Which is Better Pro*C/C++ or C# ??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Which is Better Pro*C/C++ or C# ???

amit0074uamit0074u Posts: 2Member

Hi friends,
I want to develop one business (back end exe to do functional computations and get/store data into Oracle) application which i can develop either in Pro*C/C++ or C#.
Which language (Pro*C/C++ or C#) shall i chose ??? and why ???
which application will be more faster ?? and why ???

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    :
    : Hi friends,
    : I want to develop one business (back end exe to do functional
    : computations and get/store data into Oracle) application which i can
    : develop either in Pro*C/C++ or C#.
    : Which language (Pro*C/C++ or C#) shall i chose ??? and why ???
    : which application will be more faster ?? and why ???
    :
    :
    :
    Given the choice between C/C++ or C#, I would choose C#. Why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp_(programming_language)

C/C++ will be faster than C#, provided they run the same algorithms and those are correctly optimalized.
    Beware with performance: The performance of an application is not only determined by the language used. A (very) poorly designed application in a fast language will almost certainly be slower than a well designed application in a slow language.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : Beware with performance: The performance of an application is not
    : only determined by the language used. A (very) poorly designed
    : application in a fast language will almost certainly be slower than
    : a well designed application in a slow language.
    The other point that never seems to get mentioned is developer performance. Which language are you more likely to write the program most rapidly in? If it's a backend database app, that is likely to lead to a much more significant cost in the business world than the performance of the program itself is.

Jonathan
    ###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    For all desktop and DB stuff, I'd definitely go for C# or Java. Those languages are cleaner than C++ and you will be more productive using them. C++ is faster yes, but on a sluggish computer like a Windows PC, you won't notice that difference.