Which is Better Pro*C/C++ or C# ??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Which is Better Pro*C/C++ or C# ???

amit0074uamit0074u Posts: 2Member

Hi friends,
I want to develop one business (back end exe to do functional computations and get/store data into Oracle) application which i can develop either in Pro*C/C++ or C#.
Which language (Pro*C/C++ or C#) shall i chose ??? and why ???
which application will be more faster ?? and why ???

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    :
    : Hi friends,
    : I want to develop one business (back end exe to do functional
    : computations and get/store data into Oracle) application which i can
    : develop either in Pro*C/C++ or C#.
    : Which language (Pro*C/C++ or C#) shall i chose ??? and why ???
    : which application will be more faster ?? and why ???
    :
    :
    :
    Given the choice between C/C++ or C#, I would choose C#. Why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp_(programming_language)

C/C++ will be faster than C#, provided they run the same algorithms and those are correctly optimalized.
    Beware with performance: The performance of an application is not only determined by the language used. A (very) poorly designed application in a fast language will almost certainly be slower than a well designed application in a slow language.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : Beware with performance: The performance of an application is not
    : only determined by the language used. A (very) poorly designed
    : application in a fast language will almost certainly be slower than
    : a well designed application in a slow language.
    The other point that never seems to get mentioned is developer performance. Which language are you more likely to write the program most rapidly in? If it's a backend database app, that is likely to lead to a much more significant cost in the business world than the performance of the program itself is.

Jonathan
    ###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    For all desktop and DB stuff, I'd definitely go for C# or Java. Those languages are cleaner than C++ and you will be more productive using them. C++ is faster yes, but on a sluggish computer like a Windows PC, you won't notice that difference.