Analyse images - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Analyse images

timberland26timberland26 Posts: 1Member
well i have just encountered a problem while reading my assignment. i need some help on how to do this. the question is need to write a piece of software to analyse images of coins. can someone help me?

Comments

• nipnip Posts: 5Member
    heh, you don't happen to go to the PIH do you? :)

I can suggest something, but it's limited. Limited in the way that your program won't be able to adapt to zoom pretty well, and won't be able to figure out what money there is when it's just a pile of coins...

Anyway, you start with taking pictures of all the seperate coins.
    Then you could take a black and white (not grayscale) of all your coin-images, you will now get black or white (depending on what you coded) circles.
    Do the same with the big image, the one that has all the coins in...
    Now you have one big image with a lot of circles in, and you have a couple of images with circles of a particular size in...

You figure out the rest ;-)