Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

desktop search system, need some help?

midianmidian Posts: 1Member
hi, greetings from Turkey,
i have a school project that i have to do a desktop search software that will search the computer for the given file names or for the content of the file(for any given strings program will search the content of the files in local disks) in java, i made research that java has a library for text-based searchs, it is apache/lucene library, also found some programs in sourceforge that is written in java using with lucene library,

here i have some questions,
how should i implemet these project/codes?
how/should i use a database for the indexed file names/paths,ect.. what should i use as a database?
how can i implement the context based search part?
any site for the desktop search sytems(how to's, info about making these systems , source codes like sites)

any ideas would be great and it will help me a lot,
thanks for reading!
i'll be waiting your replies.