Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

crossword puzzle

hi!
i need to build a cross word puzzle in c for my term project. i cannot figure out how to solve the intersection of words. anyone can help me with an algorithm or pseudocode or code. plz its urgent.

Comments

• LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    Removed duplicate post on other boards. Please don't double post.
  • guesstguesst Member Posts: 46
    : hi!
    : i need to build a cross word puzzle in c for my term project. i
    : cannot figure out how to solve the intersection of words. anyone can
    : help me with an algorithm or pseudocode or code. plz its urgent.
    :
    Oh, well, it's urgent. I wasn't going to help but since you said it's urgent I'll go out of my way to make fun of you.

Sorry, just finished watching this week's Zero Punctuation. Always leaves me a bit British and crabby.

As for making a crossword puzzle, you know, I've never seen a crossword puzzle generator that I liked. If I were to write one my self, and i may one day, I'd treat each word as it's own object with X, Y, direction, and string. Then, when placing a word I'd check for any letters that exist in another word, choose one at random, and check to make sure if I cross other words that they match.

On second thought this method seems a bit arbitrary, but it's really the best I can think of.

[link=http://cymonsgames.retroremakes.com]Type-ins are back! Check out Cymon's Games.[/link]