Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Coding Help Required

kolucoms6kolucoms6 Posts: 1Member
I need codign help

Problem :
Consider an entity as Customer. Let its attributes be Name, Contact address and Phone no. A function is responsible for setting and another for printing the values for an instance of this entity. Implement this entity with its attributes and functions as a struct in C++.
<

#include
using namespace std;

struct Customer
{
char Name;
char Address;
double Phone;
};

int main()
{
{ cout << "Enter Name:" ; cin >> Name; }
{ cout << "Enter Address:" ; cin >> Address; }
{ cout << "Enter Phone Number" ; cin >> Phone; }
};
>

I need a help with above problem..

Is my above code correct ?

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : Is my above code correct ?

Almost. Changes are in [red]red[/red].

[code]
    #include
    using namespace std;

struct Customer
    {
    char Name;
    char Address;
    double Phone;
    };

int main()
    {

[red]
    // Here we create a new customer. Lets name him bob :)
    Customer bob;[/red]

[green]//I took out the braces here--they are not needed.
    // Notice that we set bob up with the information[/green]
    cout << "Enter Name:" ; cin >> [red]bob.[/red]Name;
    cout << "Enter Address:" ; cin >> [red]bob.[/red]Address;
    cout << "Enter Phone Number" ; cin >> [red]bob.[/red]Phone;
    };
    [/code]

*edit:

After re-reading your assignment, The above, while is correct, is not what the assignment is asking.

You need to define two routines (One that will set the members of a Customer), and the other to display those members. It should not be to hard to do this now, though.

[hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.brokenthorn.com]Website :: OS Development Series[rightbr][/link][/size]