Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

8085 Programming Help

Hi there,

This is my question :

'Suppose 100 students' test scores are stored in a memory array, write a program to find out how many students received A, B, C, D, or F test scores.'

Criterias :
1. Design software to a given specification using a structured design technique.

2. The specification should be sufficient enough to require modularization and the passing of data between modules.

3. Write programs to implement designs using an appropriate computer language.

4. Test software to ensure it meets the given specification.

How do I start ? Can someone guide me ? Do I need to do a division or just compare ? How to write the program for the above mentioned question ?

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Member Posts: 1,444

Start with the specification - like what the homework reads.

If you need help implementing it, and are given a choice of choosing a language, this would be much better implemented in a higher level language (hll) rather then assembly.

If you need to implement this in assembly, then you need to refine your question. "Where to start?" is too vague of a question.

----

The purpose of this assignment seems to imply problem solving, a skill that is a necessity for a programmer. Try to come up with a solution yourself first, before attempting to implement it.
    [hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.brokenthorn.com]Website :: OS Development Series[rightbr][/link][/size]
  • minorprominorpro Member Posts: 2
    If its easier to be done in C++, how is programming like ? Isn't it that 8085's assembly language is the basic ?
  • MT2002MT2002 Member Posts: 1,444
    : If its easier to be done in C++, how is programming like ?

Please elaborate on this question - it is an incomplete question.

: Isn't it that 8085's assembly language is the basic ?

This is true, however it does not by any means imply that it is easier. "basic" implies that assembly language is a fundamental language. This means that there is no abstractions; hence it is very detailed and specific to the architecture and processor. Also, this tends to make things much harder to accomplish that high level languages (hll's) can do easier; and it makes portability very hard, and sometimes impossible.

Do not confuse the above definition of "basic" with the Basic family of languages.
    [hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.brokenthorn.com]Website :: OS Development Series[rightbr][/link][/size]