Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Virus

bodhi2016bodhi2016 Posts: 50Member
Can viruses be created using batch file.I want make a batch file which wil delete all .doc file without notifying the user-can that type of batch file be called a virus.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Can viruses be created using batch file.I want make a batch file
    : which wil delete all .doc file without notifying the user-can that
    : type of batch file be called a virus.
    :
    No, batch files will always open a commadn window and show their progress to the user. Also batch files must be run by the user or be called as a child process from another program.
  • ColacXColacX Posts: 141Member
    : Can viruses be created using batch file.I want make a batch file
    : which wil delete all .doc file without notifying the user-can that
    : type of batch file be called a virus.
    :
    Yes they can be "trojan"-viruses batch files can delete files and start other programs. However there's always a screen popping up letting the user know what's happening. Quick scripts that finish quickly will close the screen in less than a second.