Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MS ACCESS DATABASE CONNECTIVITY

priyanobpriyanob Posts: 1Member
hello guys
I want to do a project . The requirement is simply like a book Library model .There must be a central server which contains the database.The clients can add/modify/delete the data in the database through a private LAN. I want to do the database in Ms Access and Vb. How can i implement this......Or simply can i create a database in the server machine, and to connect to it from the client i just specify the server machine address in the connect string in vb..does it work????
please help...(please try giving me solutions other than SQL SERVER)

Comments

• xologistxologist Posts: 1Member
    I suggest that you consider a few things before starting your MS Access book library model. First and most likely the most important is consider
    using one of Microsoft's free SQL database engines for the back end. They are smaller however they allow you to store a good bit of data and all of the SQL routines can be used. I think this would be better than Access and provide you with a real network version of SQL with many many features.

You can use MS Access as the front end and make forms, link tables, run
    stored procedures and maintain security and alot of other things. You can of course use vb.net as the frontend, you will have to write more code and it would be a bit more complex. This is an alternative well worth thinking of. Jim

: hello guys
    : I want to do a project . The requirement is simply like a book
    : Library model .There must be a central server which contains the
    : database.The clients can add/modify/delete the data in the database
    : through a private LAN. I want to do the database in Ms Access and
    : Vb. How can i implement this......Or simply can i create a database
    : in the server machine, and to connect to it from the client i just
    : specify the server machine address in the connect string in
    : vb..does it work????
    : please help...(please try giving me solutions other than SQL SERVER)
    :