Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Ethernet to SONET/SDH

rohit2383rohit2383 Posts: 80Member ✭✭
HI all,
I am an employee as a developer in the datacom field. I have been working in the ethernet side of things and now have to develop a few protocols for a device which has some ethernet ports on one side and some SDH ports on the other, one of the biggest plus points of the device is the functionality that it provides conversion of ethernet packets into SDH frames, now I am a complete newbie in the SDH side and the documentation is pretty scarce, I have tried reading a book SONET/SDH demystified by Steven Sheperd but of no avail, it seems the book has been written for people who are familliar with this side of work, and the book does not contain any references to things like GFP etc which I would require later to convert ethernet packets into SDH ones. Could somebody please explain how to go about ?
Thanks