Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

problem with stdafx.h

hi i m using visual studio 6.0.. When i compiled a program(DragAndDropListBox.cpp) got held up with [b]fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.[/b]

somehow googled and got the source code for stdafx.h. Now wat should i do to run my program... guide me where to put this stdafx.h file.. pls give me step by step procedure to run my program....

Comments

• LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    You can't download compiler library header and expect the code to work. The implementation of the code itself is usually hidden by the compiler inside binary/object files, as the compiler manufacturer doesn't want people to steal their code.

I have no idea why your program can't find that library. Could be wrong compiler/project settings, corrupt compiler installation etc etc.

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : You can't download compiler library header and expect the code to
    : work. The implementation of the code itself is usually hidden by the
    : compiler inside binary/object files, as the compiler manufacturer
    : doesn't want people to steal their code.
    :
    : I have no idea why your program can't find that library. Could be
    : wrong compiler/project settings, corrupt compiler installation etc
    : etc.
    :
    :
    [color=Blue]Very strange. Just put that file beside your main CPP file(s). Also, is it MFC application? Can you show that drag and drop combo box code?[/color]
  • satishmanoharsatishmanohar Member Posts: 2
    hi!!

I rectified it.. Just did it wrongly.. Thanks for ur replies..

satish kumar.M
  • timberlinxtimberlinx Member Posts: 1
    : hi!!
    :
    : I rectified it.. Just did it wrongly.. Thanks for ur replies..
    :
    :
    : satish kumar.M
    :

Satish, how did you fix the problem, coz I'm still having that same problem.

Thank you,
    -Nady
  • MT2002MT2002 Member Posts: 1,444

Best solution: Trash your copy of Visual C++ 6 and get either Visual C++ express 2005 or 2008 (Both free downloads). Visual C++ 6 has been known to be buggy, and was developed before C++ became standardized. Because of this, it does not follow standard C++. Not to mention it can compile some invalid C++ code, and does not work with some valid C++ code.

Nonetheless, you can customize the IDE so it will not use stdafx. When you are starting a new project, simply create it as an empty project. Problem solved ;)

[hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.brokenthorn.com]Website :: OS Development Series[rightbr][/link][/size]