Vista VB UAC Problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Vista VB UAC Problem

Linda82Linda82 Posts: 1Member
Hii...

I have a VB application and i can easily install in any operating system.

My VB application always using the DB thats in its application folder.
Once you delete the DB from this application folder and if try to start the application it will show the error like DB is not found. This is the normal working.

My problem is under vista machine, once i installed the application in vista and if i delete the DB from the application folder still the program is running. The reason is application taking the DB from the UAC.

I am using inno script to make the installer for my application. Now i want to avoid this placing of DB file in UAC. I cant tell the customers to off the UAC. Instead i want to do something with Inno or by programically.

Can any one help me...

Regards,
Linda