Please help: Perl script to automate repetative task - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Please help: Perl script to automate repetative task

QuicheQuiche Posts: 3Member
Hi all. I have been using macro scripts to automate tasks at work which is great and saves a lot of time IF I leave my computer on all the time. I am wanting to have a simple script of some kind that I can execute hourly with a cron job that will allow me to host it on an internal server so the macro task will be repeated from that instead of relying on my computer being left on all the time.

Is this possible? All it has to do is log into a designated webpage and click a submit button on a GET form in a php page. I am a complete dunce with scripting otherwise I would not need to ask, obviously. Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to help out with this. I can provide most of the required data I think by reading the raw http requests involved in the process.

Comments