Problem with BP IDE in Windows XP - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem with BP IDE in Windows XP

PP2005PP2005 Posts: 111Member
I've just bought a new laptop with Windows XP. I copied all my Borland Pascal IDE files and my project to this new laptop and encountered a strange problem. When I try to type capital letters, I get strange symbols instead of the actual letters!

I've tried playing around with the "compatiblity" settings when running the IDE, but nothing helped. Any advice?

Comments

• PP2005PP2005 Posts: 111Member
    I've just noticed that this message flashes on the console screen right before Borland Pascal starts:

"One or more CON code pages invalid for given keyboard code"

Microsoft.com describes this message as:

"The KEYB command examined all prepared code pages, and has found that at least one code page is incompatible for your screen console device (CON). This is only information to let you know that your keyboard and screen console are working with different code pages."

Anybody know how to fix this?
    I think I figure it out...

I have to run the command prompt and type "chcp 865" before running bp.exe to change the codepage.
  • Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : I think I figure it out...
    :
    : I have to run the command prompt and type "chcp 865" before running
    : bp.exe to change the codepage.

You could possibly put that in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file so that it is your default codepage. Then you should be able to just have an icon.
    : You could possibly put that in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file so that it is
    : your default codepage. Then you should be able to just have an icon.

Yeah, I ended up making a .bat file that ran the "chcp" command before running "bp.exe". Works perfectly now. :)