Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Array of objects initialization Problem

Danish KamranDanish Kamran Posts: 31Member
As Array of primative data types or non premative data types( objects of class) are created, they are initialized.i.e.
if i do
int [] i = new int [10]; then,
Array of 10 integers is created and they are initializesd by zero and if i have a class of Name Test and i do
Name [] N = new Name[10]; then
10 Array of data type Name is created and they all iniatialized by null and if i call any method of Name like N[0].someMethod then JDK sends nullpointerexception.
[b][color=Purple]Please tell me how to over come to this problem and how array of data types are created by their Actual object not by null or 0 value.[/color][/b]
Thanks

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    Hi,

I think the best you can do is write a loop that initializes each element of the array after you've declared it.

[code]for (i = 0; i < TheArray.Length; i++)
    TheArray[i] = new Thingy();[/code]

Or something like that; it may be a little off, since (happily :-)) I don't have to write Java any more these days. :-)

Jonathan
    ###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");