Embedded RTOS( DSP) VS Embedded SYSTEMS( MCU) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Embedded RTOS( DSP) VS Embedded SYSTEMS( MCU)

Hi ,

May I know the basic core difference of Embedded RTOS and Embedded systems like MCU.

As far I understand,
The real important feature of the RTOS is the time schduling/Task Management. As we can not create the task and manage in MCU but we can make the task schduling ( Timer interrupt) in MCU.
So can we say MCU is a simple RTOS?

Thanks,
Ramesh,

Comments

• stars_625stars_625 Posts: 6Member
    : Hi ,
    :
    : May I know the basic core difference of Embedded RTOS and Embedded
    : systems like MCU.
    :
    : As far I understand,
    : The real important feature of the RTOS is the time schduling/Task
    : Management. As we can not create the task and manage in MCU but we
    : can make the task schduling ( Timer interrupt) in MCU.
    : So can we say MCU is a simple RTOS?
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Ramesh,
    :
    :

RTOS is based on MCU, it run on the MCU, RTOS is sofeware while MCU is hardware
  • sanddhi7sanddhi7 Posts: 2Member
    Yes MCU is a hardware and RTOS is a software for scheduling the task in way object oriented i.e your C code should better written in modules rather than complicated C structure.

I am sending an attachment which explains what is an RTOS?

with regards,
    prashant kumar sandhi