IIS becomes non-responsive after circa 1300 connections - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

IIS becomes non-responsive after circa 1300 connections

locodudelocodude Posts: 28Member
I'm using JMeter to test out a website that we're in the process of improving.

The site uses ASP 3.0 (no plans and no time for switching to ASP.NET at the present), uses an MS SQL-Server on a separate machine and runs on IIS 6.0 on a Windows 2003 Server SP2 machine.

When I run my JMeter-test it spins along pretty quickly for about 1300 samples then it completely freezes at which point the site isn't accessible via a webbrowser either. After about a minute or so it "comes back" and continues to spin for another 1300 samples, then it freezes up again. And so it goes. It basically freezes up for 1-2 minutes every 1300 samples.

During these freezes the site is not accessible from my browser, the database however is still as responsive as always. This leads me to believe that the problem lies in IIS.

I'm far from an IIS professional so I basically have no idea how to trouble-shoot this. So I'm asking you guys, what could be the problem and what tools can use or what can I do to remedy it?

----
"codito, ergo sum"

Comments