Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DOS App crazy text

dubiousandrewdubiousandrew Posts: 1Member
I am having trouble with an old application. It is QPL (Questionnaire Programming Language) running in collect.exe. It is an old full screen application. Sometimes when it is running, all the text of the application switches to an unreadable text, like Ding-bats or smiley faces or something. The program still seems to be running fine but all the text is unreadable. I am running it on windows 2000, on computers that have 121MB of Ram with 2Ghz processor. It seems to happen more frequently when the window has been minimized, or when running applications in addition to collect.exe. I cannot figure out what is going on. The task manager does not show alot of memory usage but the processor is constantly at 100 percent. Any ideas? Is there a way I can adjust the pif?