Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Reserved Error (-1613)

splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
Has anyone received this error while trying to make a partial replica? And if so, could you please let me know what your experience was? So far, I cannot find any satisfactory answer to this. When I think I've cured it, it comes back. Is it related to the size of the partial replica? Is there a limit on the size of partial replicas? Does anyone even know what this error means? I have completely updated this Office XP so far. That doesn't seem to be helping. I have found references to this on various online forums, but they are all ancient history, and not one of them has a single response that offers any information whatsoever. I'm completely stumped. And it's killing me.

Comments

• splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
    If validation rules on your tables are not met by some data in your partial replica dataset, you might get this error. Alternatively, you will end up with a blank partial replica. Once I got that, I discovered my problem. A number field was validating on >= current year. Older data in the database no longer met that criteria. Rather than tell me that, Access/Jet was either saying:

Error 3000: There is no message for this error. Reserved error (-1613)

or simply delivering the empty partial replica. Let this be a lesson to you: validate on your forms, not your tables.