Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Header and source file in the project

Denny_BDenny_B Posts: 70Member
Some source files in my project open together with header file (I can toggle with tab on the bottom of the window: *.cpp | *.h | Diagram), while some files have these tabs missing (only code tab) and I have to open them searately (right click - open source/header file). Not a big deal, the application works fine, I just wonder what I've done wrong when creating these files.

Thanks for your help,
Denny

Comments

• LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    I believe the toggle between .h and .cpp only works for forms and such created through the IDE, and not for "pure" source files.
  • Denny_BDenny_B Posts: 70Member
    : I believe the toggle between .h and .cpp only works for forms and
    : such created through the IDE, and not for "pure" source files.

Thanks Lundin for reply,
    it is true for all forms, they have the toggle tabs, but some "pure code" classes have them, some not. I think it has something to do with the Borland IDE and the way the classes have been created. I imported some classes from version 4 into ver.6 and this may be the culprit.
    If I find out, I'll post it.
    Cheers,
    Denny
  • bilderbikkelbilderbikkel Posts: 754Member
    : Some source files in my project open together with header file (I
    : can toggle with tab on the bottom of the window: *.cpp | *.h |
    : Diagram), while some files have these tabs missing (only code tab)
    : and I have to open them searately (right click - open source/header
    : file). Not a big deal, the application works fine, I just wonder
    : what I've done wrong when creating these files.
    :
    : Thanks for your help,
    : Denny

These tabs will appear when the Unit is added to the project ('Project |
    Add to project'. Also it might be that the unit must be made using 'File | New | Unit'.

See ya,
    bilderbikkel