Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

New to C#: how to interact with ext apps

pinscherpinscher Posts: 1Member
To start with : I'm new to C# and .Net but not to programming. I've read the C# school book on programmers heaven so the basic is not a problem but I have not understood how to interact with other programs.

Say for ex that I wish to monitor whe something happends in application X and then perform something in application Y. Like if somebody opens the calculator and word and then execute a calculation in the calculator. How do I get hold of the input and result of the calculation and how to put it into word (not by just opening a document with IO)?

I've searched this forum and other C# forums for posts of interest but it not really gotten hold of any.

Any help would be highly appreciated, getting me on the track faster.

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    Hi,

There may be something for doing this in the .Net framework; if there is, I expect it will be in System.Windows.Forms. Otherwise, you're back to working directly with the Win32 API. There's an article on how to call those from C# here:
    http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/c__and_api.asp

I don't know the Windows API well enough to tell you what you're looking for, though I remember the API FindWindow or FindWindowEx is maybe a starting point to getting the handle on the window you want...

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");