Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

NEED detailed MS-DOS info...

greyfoxNRgreyfoxNR Posts: 1Member
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find detailed information on the inner workings of MS-DOS. I'm doing a project for a class and need detailed information about things like its Memory Manager (core wars..), Process scheduler/dispatcher, coccurency manager, file systems, and overall structure. I need very detailed information, right down to what algorithms are used for process scheduling (time slicing, priority based, fifo, etc..) and what algorithms used for page frame replacement etc. Is this kind of information avalible to the public? If so, where can I find it? I've been having a lot of trouble locating any good infomation on this subject.

Let me know
Thanks guys

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    one document is Ralf Brown's "Interrupt List", see

Search for "Interrupt List" on PHeaven.

Tore Nestenius
    [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue] Programmers Heaven