GUI

ok, i have this problem... i want to design my own GUI for this program i have been working on.

but i don't want to change the borderstyle of the form to none and insert allot of images to create the impression of n new GUI thats my own...

so i want to know if there is an easier way to design your own GUI, maybe re-program the GUI thy give u to drag and drop in to fit your needs....

if you guys can understand what i'm trying to do please help me in some way or maybe direct me to a program where i can design my own GUI

thnx

Comments

• : ok, i have this problem... i want to design my own GUI for this
    : program i have been working on.
    :
    : but i don't want to change the borderstyle of the form to none and
    : insert allot of images to create the impression of n new GUI thats
    : my own...
    :
    : so i want to know if there is an easier way to design your own GUI,
    : maybe re-program the GUI thy give u to drag and drop in to fit your
    : needs....
    :
    : if you guys can understand what i'm trying to do please help me in
    : some way or maybe direct me to a program where i can design my own
    : GUI
    :
    : thnx
    :
    Buttons, Labels, Bevels can be easy to recreate by subclassing the TGraphicControl.
    TWinControls are somewhat more difficult to change, because the TWinControl and its descendants are all wrappers around the standard windows controls. Their appearance is not determined by Delphi code, but by the GUI subsystem of windows itself.
    Menus are also determined by windows. The components of these are just wrappers and design interfaces for the windows menu API.

Any descendant of TComponent can be registered with Delphi and manipulated using the design interface of the IDE. Beware this is not as easy as it sounds, and it also often requires coding several additional controls/dialogs to handle various self-designed properties. Since you are adding a lot of code specifically for the use during design time, you also need to think about use of design-time and run-time packages. I know from experience that it will take a lot of time and effort to correctly register your components with Delphi. Especially debugging is very tricky, since you cannot debug Delphi itself.