Convert a VB.Net app to a web app? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Convert a VB.Net app to a web app?

furjawfurjaw Posts: 13Member
I wrote a Windows Forms application in Visual Basic 2005.

What would be involved in converting it to run as an internet web application?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I wrote a Windows Forms application in Visual Basic 2005.
    :
    : What would be involved in converting it to run as an internet web
    : application?
    :
    That depends on what it does. If it uses files, you need to either access the user's PC or upload a file to the server. If you're playing sounds you might need to download a file for playing or change the code into a streaming media.
    Based on what you just said, it might be as simple as moving your forms into a web application/activeX control; or it might mean that you need to rewrite half your code.
  • bradwangbradwang Posts: 197Member
    :
    :

Most probably you can re-use all the classes in your application exception the Windows Forms related classes. For those Windows Forms, you'd need to create corresponding Web Forms, and you can re-use the control event handler as well.
    Brad Wang
    .NET Freelancer from China
  • wmiguywmiguy Posts: 1Member
    :
    :

Hi,

I had the same problem with my c# winform application, than a friend set my attention to visual web gui (http://www.visualwebgui.com), with minimum adjustment my winform application was running over the web.

best of luck,
    wmiguy.

• ac001ac001 Posts: 2Member
    You can change portions of your code and turn your application into a Windows-based Smart Client-web service application. A sample project can be found and downlaoded at http://www.microtools.us/_samples.htm.