Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how can i embed a fingerprint reader in a vb program

jijethjijeth Posts: 6Member
hi im just a noob here and im currently working on a thesis which is about how can we input a fingerprint scanner device to a log in system. Current programming language that we're using is a vb6 thanks for those who will read my post

Comments

• LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    It will all depend on how the specific device works. Get one that can give output over RS-232 and VB can handle it.
  • jijethjijeth Posts: 6Member
    : It will all depend on how the specific device works. Get one that
    : can give output over RS-232 and VB can handle it.

can i get some sort of code for that?
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    : : It will all depend on how the specific device works. Get one that
    : : can give output over RS-232 and VB can handle it.
    :
    : can i get some sort of code for that?
    :

Every embedded device like that works in a specific way, there is no standard. You have to read the data sheet of the device you have selected.

As for collecting info from RS-232 / the COM ports through VB6: check the documentation for "common controls".
  • jijethjijeth Posts: 6Member
    : : : It will all depend on how the specific device works. Get one that
    : : : can give output over RS-232 and VB can handle it.
    : :
    : : can i get some sort of code for that?
    : :
    :
    :
    : Every embedded device like that works in a specific way, there is no
    : standard. You have to read the data sheet of the device you have
    : selected.
    :
    : As for collecting info from RS-232 / the COM ports through VB6:
    : check the documentation for "common controls".
    :
    thats the dll file right?
    If your talking about the documentation, i read the manual of the device. It only showed me how to install the free software and yes a guide for installing the device.the problem is, we tried using some free biometric programs n the net but they dont read the device. what seems to be the problem?

thanks for reading this im really sorry if I am a noob at this thing.