confused - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

confused

I am very new to programming but I have this idea that I want to run with. my question is if I write a game in lets say C++ can I burn that game right off of my cumputer and pop it into my playstation and play it?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I am very new to programming but I have this idea that I want to run
    : with. my question is if I write a game in lets say C++ can I burn
    : that game right off of my cumputer and pop it into my playstation
    : and play it?
    :
    That can only if you compile it with a playstation OS C++ compiler. A windows or linux compiler is useless in this case, unless the playstation OS is linux.
  • MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : I am very new to programming but I have this idea that I want to run
    : with. my question is if I write a game in lets say C++ can I burn
    : that game right off of my cumputer and pop it into my playstation
    : and play it?
    :
    Nope. Your computer uses a different processor, and hence instruction set, then the Playstation.

You will need a compiler that can produce Playstation code, and the Playstation PSDK. Some companies used CodeWarrior for this.

Please note, however, that you will need to get a license from Sony to release software for their console. They useually only grant licenses to big name development companies though, and the cost of all of this easily exceeds $10,000.

If you want to develop on console, the easiest ones to develop for are the GBA, NES, SNES, or even XBox. There is a free GCC port for GBA, NES and SNES can be developed through assembler, and XBox uses DirectX built from Windows.

[hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.mt2002.sitesled.com]Website :: OS Development Series[rightbr][/link][/size]