Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

multiple ip logs on one web page?

dnullddnulld Member Posts: 1
hi! ive just started using tor to browse somewhat safer than i was. i know theres alot of capabilities of this program and was wondering if this was something i could do..i use firefox..and was hoping there would be a way to open two firefox windows and have different ips on each one..didnt know if it was possible or even legal. id like to use it on some webbased games for playability reasons...not to cheat. some games make you wait so long for certain things to happen id rather just be playing two of the same game..thank you for your clicks ^^

Comments

• HackmanCHackmanC Member Posts: 441
    You cant fake an IP on the Internet (WAN).
    You can be proxied by some corporate which hides your ip and exposes theirs. You have to pay for it. hide-my-ip.com.
    TOR is a proxy, but cant hide your IP, only hides the complete trace rute (something like a -VPN virtual private net- but different :O

But... "open two firefox windows and have differnte ips on each one", I believe you cant, if you dont have two network cards and two connections

Because ... your ISP provides your IP (Maybe only one). A lot of ISPs works like a proxy (NAT), you go to the internet by their IP; and you get a 192.168.*.* what the Game Web Site sees about you is your ISP IP. Even when you route (Windows NAT, Linux IPTables/Chains) two or more PC's.

My approach would be: expalin to your ISP that you need two different routes (I cant think something, right now, that you could say to them), and ask for two routing ways by two differnt Proxy (If your ISP uses Proxy's), then configure your "two" differnt installations of Mozilla to use each proxy. (When you use one browser will be routed by one proxy, and one "Public IP", and the other will use "the other" ... LOL :)

If you want to go another way is just PRO!

BY THE WAY :
    ISP = Internet Service Provider. The people who sold, rent, lease, grant of brings you internet.

-----
    : hi! ive just started using tor to browse somewhat safer than i was.
    : i know theres alot of capabilities of this program and was wondering
    : if this was something i could do..i use firefox..and was hoping
    : there would be a way to open two firefox windows and have different
    : ips on each one..didnt know if it was possible or even legal. id
    : like to use it on some webbased games for playability reasons...not
    : to cheat. some games make you wait so long for certain things to
    : happen id rather just be playing two of the same game..thank you for
    : your clicks ^^

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]