Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I'm facing problem with firefoxd while showing XML data in HTML page.

I link an XML in an HTML document and write code to get different data element from that XML file. When I use Internet Explorer, it works and shows the required output, whereas, Firefox doesn't show data when the same page is viewed in it. Currently I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.1. I'm unable to understand the behaviour of Firefox. What is this and what should I do?

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    : I link an XML in an HTML document and write code to get different
    : data element from that XML file. When I use Internet Explorer, it
    : works and shows the required output, whereas, Firefox doesn't show
    : data when the same page is viewed in it. Currently I'm using Firefox
    : 2.0.0.1. I'm unable to understand the behaviour of Firefox. What is
    : this and what should I do?

There is probably a compatability issue. Many browsers are different in some of the objects or methods they support. Also, some browsers tolerate different coding bugs than others so maybe there is a problem in your code that only FireFox is telling you about.

I suggest looking at the JavaScript console of FireFox to see if there are any messages logged there. That log can very precisely identify the problem.
    These links can help you view the console:
    http://www.digitalmediaminute.com/article/1345
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/js/debugging/

Don't forget to use the 'noscript' tag to leave messages for website visitors that disabled JavaScript.