Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Cancelling changes in a form

sooragssoorags Member Posts: 18
On the form frmNz2 of my database, how can I make the Back button cancel any changes made to the information in the Search Results table after it has been editted? When I edit the information in the table and then press back, when the form is re-entered the changes stay. I would like these changes to be cancelled when pressing the Back button so that when the form is re-entered the table is the same as before changes were made. I have attached the database and would be grateful for any help. Thank you.

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Member Posts: 532
    : On the form frmNz2 of my database, how can I make the Back button
    : cancel any changes made to the information in the Search Results
    : table after it has been editted? When I edit the information in the
    : table and then press back, when the form is re-entered the changes
    : stay. I would like these changes to be cancelled when pressing the
    : Back button so that when the form is re-entered the table is the
    : same as before changes were made. I have attached the database and
    : would be grateful for any help. Thank you.

I don't think its directly possible. For instance, if you edit one of the records and save it you can press CTRL+Z or use the EDIT menu, undo saved record. but, it only undo's the *last* record [won't help if more than one is changed].

uploaded a revised version that adds an 'undo' table, then every time the form opens it copies/inserts all the records to the undo table. the user can make all the changes they want, click the 'undo edits' button [or you can place the code in the 'back' button] to restore any/all changes by copying the records from the undo table. note!! once they close the form then changes are permanent since the next time the form is opened it will delete/re-copy the records to the undo table.