Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

interface windows w/ microcontroller??

TMETTMET Posts: 1Member
Hi,
I'm stumped on how to make this work. I need for a Java program to be able to talk to a microcontroller that will in turn move two motors. I would prefer to do this w/ USB but I'd settle for parallel port if need be.
The microcontroller is a Basic stamp that I can download PBasic code to run on it fine, but in order to hook it up w/ input while the stamp is running the code...I need to be able to feed it a high or low voltage to an IO pin right? I mean are there microcontrollers out there that can download code and take inputs via a USB cable? Any ideas on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-TMET