Flash 8 Image MouseOver in XML Gallery - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Flash 8 Image MouseOver in XML Gallery

Hi,

I am currently working on an XML Gallery for my girlfriend's brother who is a photographer. I have created a flash front end template and am using an XML database to load the images and accompanying captions (it's working so far except the following).

The effect that I want to achieve is when the user mouses over the image, the image shades (I am just going to use a simple rectangle the size of the photo and put it at a 30% alpha transparency) and the caption appears over the image.

The code that I am using (that's not working on any dynamic images loaded from the XML file) is as follows:

In the main actionScript in frame 1 of the timeline I have:

_root.image_holder1_mc.onEnterFrame = function() {
if (mouse_over_image_holder1_mc) {
_root.image_holder1_mc.nextFrame();
} else {
_root.image_holder1_mc.prevFrame();
}
};
On the invisible button over the image I have:
on (rollOver) {
_root.mouse_over_image_holder1_mc = true;
}
on (rollOut) {
_root.mouse_over_image_holder1_mc = false;
}
In image_holder1_mc (where the image is loaded into), the first frame does not have the shaded rectangle nor the caption but frame 2 has both. When the user mouses over the invisible button in the root timeline, frame 2 of the image_holder1_mc movie clip SHOULD be played but it does not. I have been able to make it work with just a static image not loaded from XML but as soon as I use the dynamically loaded image, the feature does not work (it also does not grab the captions that's associated with the image).

Is this a case of image_holder1_mc being changed due to the file name of the image that gets loaded or is image_holder1_mc always going to be image_holder1_mc regardless of the image name?

I have included the source files in case someone would like to help. This seemed like it would be a simple thing to do but it isn't turning out that way.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.
Brent a.k.a. numbnutz