URDU Character Recognition Problem! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URDU Character Recognition Problem!

aitizazaitizaz Posts: 2Member
i am working on my final year Project of BCS, in which i have developed Optical Character Recognition for Naskh Ligature( Font type of urdu). i have been able to recognize majority of Characters except 2-3 which are :
1. kaaf
2. yay
3. noon

in response to recognition of these characters, for example, MATLAB after reconizing " kaaf " displays a Square Box instead of the character. i am using MATLAB 7.0. Even if i pass original UNICODE of character " kaaf", even then the MATLAB shows it as square box. Please help me if anyone is aware of this problem and its solution.

• jun_aidsjun_aids Posts: 2Member
    modify ur project such that it become stable for urdu font eg unicode, UTF encoding
  • jun_aidsjun_aids Posts: 2Member
    : modify your urdu ocr, optical character recognition project in such a way that it become stable for urdu font eg use of: unicode, UTF encoding

i built the first urdu ocr ( urdu optical character recognition for naskh ligature) in august 2007 during my undergraduate degree course BS(CS)

• adilktsadilkts Posts: 1Member
    I am also doing project on Urdu character recognition, but i am unable to develop any code..would u please send me ur code..so that i can complete my graduation...[email protected]