How to minimize physical and virtual memory consumption - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to minimize physical and virtual memory consumption

dattaforitdattaforit Posts: 6Member
Hello All,

I have a Window service developed using Visual Studio .Net 2003. I am using VC++ .Net for the service development. The physical and virtual memory consumption is very high. How should i minimize this memory consumption. Please give me some clue to achieve this.

Thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hello All,
    :
    : I have a Window service developed using Visual Studio .Net 2003. I
    : am using VC++ .Net for the service development. The physical and
    : virtual memory consumption is very high. How should i minimize this
    : memory consumption. Please give me some clue to achieve this.
    :
    : Thanks

- Don't use the .Net, but only the windows API. This will remove all the .Net framework footprint.
    - Go over your code and try to memory-optimalize it. This will make you program slower, because it often involves removing various intermediate heap-variables or convenience variables and replacing them with function calls.
    - Try to remove all code duplication.