nodeTypedValue question - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

nodeTypedValue question

SeleniaSelenia Posts: 8Member
Hi! I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post my question.

Currently I am working on trying to get a C++ application to send a SOAP message to a php server, which in turn will send a SOAP message back. So far I have sending the SOAP message part down, and I can return an integer back with nodeTypedValue, as follows:

if(200 == spSoapFunc->status) //Success
{
// using MSXML DOM to process SOAP response XML text
CComQIPtr spResponseXMLDoc;
CComPtr spResultNode;
spResponseXMLDoc = spSoapFunc->responseXML;

spResultNode = spResponseXMLDoc->selectSingleNode(_bstr_t(_T("//Result")));

if(spResultNode.p != NULL)
{

Room = spResultNode->nodeTypedValue;
}
//returns a number
return Room;

which returns an integer value from the php server. My ultimate goal is to return a string value however, ideally the soap message response to the soap message sent.

My question then, is there something besides nodeTypedValue that will allow me to return a string or a character array from the php server? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• SeleniaSelenia Posts: 8Member
    If it helps, what I'm looking for is essentially the same method as php soap libraries SoapClient->__getLastResponse()

somehow written in C++. : / I guess thats a bit confusing... I wish there was a better way to describe it but thats what I'm trying to do.
    Uhhh just wondering is it because no one has any idea what I'm talking about that no one responded, or is it because I worded my question poorly? Please, any criticism so I can provide better questions in the future.
  • BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : Uhhh just wondering is it because no one has any idea what I'm
    : talking about that no one responded, or is it because I worded my
    : question poorly? Please, any criticism so I can provide better
    : questions in the future.
    :

No, the question is quite clear. I'm affraid I just don't know the answer. Tbh, I always thought SOAP was what you wash with (haha... I'm not funny; I know - sorry). You might have to wait for someone to come along who does know it.

I can give it a shot, though:

1) Try and Google for examples, or perhaps MSDN site
    2) What are the allowed returns? Perhaps it only returns integer values that have to be interpreted. In essence, a String is nothing more than a sequence of integer values often terminated with a null-character. Perhaps the way to get a string is by arranging all the returned integers in a string type? (It's a crazy thought, but I really don't know the class nor protocol).

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry
    : : Uhhh just wondering is it because no one has any idea what I'm
    : : talking about that no one responded, or is it because I worded my
    : : question poorly? Please, any criticism so I can provide better
    : : questions in the future.
    : :
    :
    : No, the question is quite clear. I'm affraid I just don't know the
    : answer. Tbh, I always thought SOAP was what you wash with (haha...
    : I'm not funny; I know - sorry). You might have to wait for someone
    : to come along who does know it.
    :
    : I can give it a shot, though:
    :
    : 1) Try and Google for examples, or perhaps MSDN site
    : 2) What are the allowed returns? Perhaps it only returns integer
    : values that have to be interpreted. In essence, a String is nothing
    : more than a sequence of integer values often terminated with a
    : null-character. Perhaps the way to get a string is by arranging all
    : the returned integers in a string type? (It's a crazy thought, but I
    : really don't know the class nor protocol).
    :
    : Best Regards,
    : Richard
    :
    : The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry

Thank you for the comment. I have tried microsofts forums with no response, and you are correct in that 2nd idea seems berserk! : P

I think I am going to go ahead and try to do some more google hunting. Thanks for your concern!