Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Advice?

Ok Im not exacly a newbie I have read a book alomst front to back on C++ (C++ With Out Fear, Brian Overland) and I do not know what to do next. I really wanna make something, I have had a intrest in C++ since I was like 11 (17 now) I was never really good in math or real problom sovling but it helps if its something I can actually interact with like a lab book or something. I am self-teaching myself and I am really tired of reading. I took a break for like a month an here I am I REALLY want to learn this and Im willing to do really about anything, and I know it will take time but Im hoping to be able talk make real programs soon. Well Im a senior in hight school to graduate in like 3 weeks so I have time to dedicate...I know alot about computers so if someone that knows some stuff about C++ help me like point me what to do next, or good interactive stuff or something I would really like that, you can ether reply here or AIMe-mail at cgsarebeast@drivehq.com.

Thanks a ton,
JD

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    Sounds like you're just looking for nice idea's?

I usually got inspiration on holidays - and from Math. So Math does not apply to you. Well, create programs to make your PC life better :)

Like data storage... fun string manipulation, etc

Good luck

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry
  • MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    My best advice--just jump in and start coding. Anything.
    Mabey a number guessing game?

In the end, it all depends on what your interests are.
    [hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.mt2002.sitesled.com]Website[rightbr][/link][/size]
  • cgsarebeastcgsarebeast Posts: 2Member
    So ya'll are sayin to jus start ooding whatever an see were it gos?....well thinks for the replys :D but the prob is also I dunno what I wannacan make if thats the case any begenner sugestions on what to start with? :D
  • MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : So ya'll are sayin to jus start ooding whatever an see were it
    : gos?....well thinks for the replys :D but the prob is also I dunno
    : what I wannacan make if thats the case any begenner sugestions on
    : what to start with? :D

What do you know? Some easy game suggestions area Guess the Number,
    Pong, Tetris...all three can be made pretty easy in graphics and text.
    They can also be fun:-)

Mabey learn an API such as Win32?

A calculator that supports large numbers?

Or, just try building a large project. Whether you make it
    or not, it will be a large learning experience in programming,
    design, and engineering.

...You can also join an existing project.
    [hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.mt2002.sitesled.com]Website[rightbr][/link][/size]
  • bosebonasbosebonas Posts: 87Member
    What i will propose to you is to look for some others peoples codes on codepedia and rewrite them without looking at them.
    I also hope you have and IDE.
    Good luck.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : So ya'll are sayin to jus start ooding whatever an see were it
    : gos?....well thinks for the replys :D but the prob is also I dunno
    : what I wannacan make if thats the case any begenner sugestions on
    : what to start with? :D
    One alternative option that will stretch you a bit is to try making an interpreter for some other language. If you do a Logo interpreter you get to try your hand at graphics programming too... But something like a very simple implementation of BASIC can be a good starting point. You're sure to learn lots about how languages work under the hood by doing this. Whether you find writing such things fun is another matter, though I enjoy it. :-)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");