Advice? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Advice?

Ok Im not exacly a newbie I have read a book alomst front to back on C++ (C++ With Out Fear, Brian Overland) and I do not know what to do next. I really wanna make something, I have had a intrest in C++ since I was like 11 (17 now) I was never really good in math or real problom sovling but it helps if its something I can actually interact with like a lab book or something. I am self-teaching myself and I am really tired of reading. I took a break for like a month an here I am I REALLY want to learn this and Im willing to do really about anything, and I know it will take time but Im hoping to be able talk make real programs soon. Well Im a senior in hight school to graduate in like 3 weeks so I have time to dedicate...I know alot about computers so if someone that knows some stuff about C++ help me like point me what to do next, or good interactive stuff or something I would really like that, you can ether reply here or AIMe-mail at [email protected]

Thanks a ton,
JD

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    Sounds like you're just looking for nice idea's?

I usually got inspiration on holidays - and from Math. So Math does not apply to you. Well, create programs to make your PC life better :)

Like data storage... fun string manipulation, etc

Good luck

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry
  • MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    My best advice--just jump in and start coding. Anything.
    Mabey a number guessing game?

In the end, it all depends on what your interests are.
    [hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.mt2002.sitesled.com]Website[rightbr][/link][/size]
  • cgsarebeastcgsarebeast Posts: 2Member
    So ya'll are sayin to jus start ooding whatever an see were it gos?....well thinks for the replys :D but the prob is also I dunno what I wannacan make if thats the case any begenner sugestions on what to start with? :D
  • MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : So ya'll are sayin to jus start ooding whatever an see were it
    : gos?....well thinks for the replys :D but the prob is also I dunno
    : what I wannacan make if thats the case any begenner sugestions on
    : what to start with? :D

What do you know? Some easy game suggestions area Guess the Number,
    Pong, Tetris...all three can be made pretty easy in graphics and text.
    They can also be fun:-)

Mabey learn an API such as Win32?

A calculator that supports large numbers?

Or, just try building a large project. Whether you make it
    or not, it will be a large learning experience in programming,
    design, and engineering.

...You can also join an existing project.
    [hr][size=1][leftbr].:EvolutionEngine[rightbr][leftbr].:MicroOS Operating System[rightbr][leftbr][link=http://www.mt2002.sitesled.com]Website[rightbr][/link][/size]
  • bosebonasbosebonas Posts: 87Member
    What i will propose to you is to look for some others peoples codes on codepedia and rewrite them without looking at them.
    I also hope you have and IDE.
    Good luck.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : So ya'll are sayin to jus start ooding whatever an see were it
    : gos?....well thinks for the replys :D but the prob is also I dunno
    : what I wannacan make if thats the case any begenner sugestions on
    : what to start with? :D
    One alternative option that will stretch you a bit is to try making an interpreter for some other language. If you do a Logo interpreter you get to try your hand at graphics programming too... But something like a very simple implementation of BASIC can be a good starting point. You're sure to learn lots about how languages work under the hood by doing this. Whether you find writing such things fun is another matter, though I enjoy it. :-)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");