Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

add button click event to dynamiclly created button array

HuckleHuckle Posts: 2Member
So I need to create an array of Buttons dynamiclly right,... easy

Dim WithEvents ButtonArray(1 to 32,1 to 32) as Button
--------------------------------------------------Globals ^^
For Dim i as Integer = 1 to 320 Step 10
For Dim j as Integer = 1 to 320 Step 10
ButtonArray(i/10,j/10) = new Button
with ButtonArray(i/10,j/10)
.size = (new Size(new Point(i,j))
Next
Next

GOOD! But now I need to add a click event to handle ALL of them
I figure just one click event will be OK, but the problem is I cant add a WithEvents statement to an array.
So How do I do it? will I have to write code out for ALL of them and then add a click event to handle each one? That would take sooo long. There must be a faster way, so far I have this

Sub ButtonArray_Click(Byval sender as ...., Byval e as .....) Handles ButtonArray.Click
End Sub

However like I said the WithEvents wont work with arrays. SoI dont know what todo Thanks in Advance for any Help.

~huckle

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    you Trying to do this?

[code]
    For i = 1 to 32
    For h = 1 to 32
    AddHandler ButtonArray(i,h).Click, AddressOf ButtonSub
    Next h
    Next i
    [/code]
  • HuckleHuckle Posts: 2Member
    : you Trying to do this?
    :
    : [code]:
    : For i = 1 to 32
    : For h = 1 to 32
    : AddHandler ButtonArray(i,h).Click, AddressOf ButtonSub
    : Next h
    : Next i
    : [/code]:
    :

Sorry Man,
    You are just a day late. I found a few workarounds for this. The solution I used did look alot like that, but a little different.

dim op as button
    for each op in ButtonArray
    addhandler op.click, addressof ButtonArray_click
    next

private sub ButtonArray_click(sender,e)
    end sub

Thanks anyway for the help. The program is a cellular programmer. If you have never used one, they are a bit like logic problems and were real big in the 1980's. There are still a bunch of cool sites around for them.

~Huckle
  • seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    sorry bro, I wasn't alive in the 80's :-P Well I was but I was 4yo when 1990 rolled around...

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was away for the weekend, and traveling on monday.

If you got any more questions, I try to stay active in the Vb.Net forum, i rarely visit the advance vb.net spot.