How to have my program find another program? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to have my program find another program?

ManatOrrManatOrr Posts: 1Member
Greetings! I'm very new to C++, and I for the life of me cannot figure out how to get this to work.

Task: I'm writing a program to be run on a Windows environment which I need to, every 10 seconds, check to see if another specific program is running.

Problem: I don't know how to make a program do that.

I know there's a way to make a program poll the system to get a list of programs running (as displayed in taskmanager), and that's really all I need to do. It's the key to this program; everything else rests on that. Once I've got the list, I can make everything else work.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.