Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help with some "Private Sub WorkSheet_Change" code

DOC298DOC298 Posts: 2Member
I am trying to write some code to check a field for text and depending on it's results copy that information into 1 of 4 spreadsheets (depending on the results - Type1, Type2, Type3 & Type4). All Sheets are protected when opening and I know that the copying and inserting copied rows on its own works.

The problem I have is that this does not seem to update the other sheets when I enter the Type into Cell F8 of the AllTypes Worksheet (There are only 4 options and so I have data validation via a list set on this field if that makes a difference). On the "AllTypes" worksheet there is an "Add Information" button, which creates a new line at F8 with all the Formulas and formatting setup ready for simple data entry. Do I need a loop and if so what is the best way of doing this.

Thanks in advance

I have not do ANY coding for a long time so I imagine this can easily be improved upon, so any help welcome.
----------------------
This is the code I presently have
----------------------

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Worksheets("AllTypes").Range("F8") = "Type1" Then

Application.EnableEvents = False
Sheets("Type1").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Rows("2:2").Select
Range("A2").Activate
Selection.Copy
Rows("5:5").Select
Range("C5").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True