Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need Some Help

juessyjuessy Posts: 1Member
Hey Everyone,

I am new here and the purpose for me signing up was to see if anyone could help me. I have no clue about programming or creating scripts. But I am doing a project for my senior class. (Networking) The basis of my project is I have three computers up and running. One with Ubuntu, one protected version of XP (everything up to date, protected by firewall, spyware etc.) Then I have one that is totally unprotected. And I am tracking the difference of all the computers through different web browsing habits.

Well here is my problem. I want to track all the pop ups i get. I don't want to stop them but i want to see which user gets more and compared to what sites. I was told I could probably do this with a script. But i have no clue how to do this. If anyone knows how I can do this. I would be so very happy.

Thanks,
Jessica

Comments

• Gregry2Gregry2 Posts: 607Member
    : Hey Everyone,
    :
    : I am new here and the purpose for me signing up was to see if anyone
    : could help me. I have no clue about programming or creating scripts.
    : But I am doing a project for my senior class. (Networking) The basis
    : of my project is I have three computers up and running. One with
    : Ubuntu, one protected version of XP (everything up to date,
    : protected by firewall, spyware etc.) Then I have one that is totally
    : unprotected. And I am tracking the difference of all the computers
    : through different web browsing habits.
    :
    : Well here is my problem. I want to track all the pop ups i get. I
    : don't want to stop them but i want to see which user gets more and
    : compared to what sites. I was told I could probably do this with a
    : script. But i have no clue how to do this. If anyone knows how I can
    : do this. I would be so very happy.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Jessica

Hello. A script...well, I'm not sure if that'll help...some kind of add-on that might be a script, but what ur asking might be a little bit to customized to be solved in a days time(or a week, even, or not)

This place(site) might not help you as much...idk, since you don't know much about programming, its better to find a site in whihc programmers offer to help for free(this site is mainly for actual programmers who need help in their...well actual programming)...

Sorry...idk, may b someone here can help, but I doubt it...its better if you google for another site.

Cya

{2}rIng