Need Some Help - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need Some Help

juessyjuessy Posts: 1Member
Hey Everyone,

I am new here and the purpose for me signing up was to see if anyone could help me. I have no clue about programming or creating scripts. But I am doing a project for my senior class. (Networking) The basis of my project is I have three computers up and running. One with Ubuntu, one protected version of XP (everything up to date, protected by firewall, spyware etc.) Then I have one that is totally unprotected. And I am tracking the difference of all the computers through different web browsing habits.

Well here is my problem. I want to track all the pop ups i get. I don't want to stop them but i want to see which user gets more and compared to what sites. I was told I could probably do this with a script. But i have no clue how to do this. If anyone knows how I can do this. I would be so very happy.

Thanks,
Jessica

Comments

• Gregry2Gregry2 Posts: 607Member
    : Hey Everyone,
    :
    : I am new here and the purpose for me signing up was to see if anyone
    : could help me. I have no clue about programming or creating scripts.
    : But I am doing a project for my senior class. (Networking) The basis
    : of my project is I have three computers up and running. One with
    : Ubuntu, one protected version of XP (everything up to date,
    : protected by firewall, spyware etc.) Then I have one that is totally
    : unprotected. And I am tracking the difference of all the computers
    : through different web browsing habits.
    :
    : Well here is my problem. I want to track all the pop ups i get. I
    : don't want to stop them but i want to see which user gets more and
    : compared to what sites. I was told I could probably do this with a
    : script. But i have no clue how to do this. If anyone knows how I can
    : do this. I would be so very happy.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Jessica

Hello. A script...well, I'm not sure if that'll help...some kind of add-on that might be a script, but what ur asking might be a little bit to customized to be solved in a days time(or a week, even, or not)

This place(site) might not help you as much...idk, since you don't know much about programming, its better to find a site in whihc programmers offer to help for free(this site is mainly for actual programmers who need help in their...well actual programming)...

Sorry...idk, may b someone here can help, but I doubt it...its better if you google for another site.

Cya

{2}rIng